UV Light Systems – The Good, The Better, and The Best
These days, we are spending more and more time indoors due to COVID-19. If you are looking for a chemical-free way to improve the air quality in your home, look no further than a UV light system.
Adding a UV light system to your furnace system is a great way to both improve your air quality and increase the efficiency of your system.
We’ve broken the options down into three categories: Good, Better, and Best. (Prefer watching a video? Check out our UV Air Purification Video instead!)
In the good category we have the Sabre Pro UV Light that is placed over the AC coil above the furnace
Over time a film covers your coil and it acts as an adhesive, attracting dirt and coating the fins of the coil. This results in an odor coming from the equipment and a loss in efficiency as the equipment has to work harder to provide air flow.
Some of the features are:
- It’s a chemical free way to keep your coil clean
- The 16″ UVC germicidal lamp kills bacteria and viruses that grow in the coil
- It will improve your AC’s efficiency
- It reduces odors in your home
A Better option for your home is the Sanuvox R Max
It provides a whole home UV air treatment solution and can be installed on either the return or supply duct system of your furnace. The R Max design maximizes contact time between the air and UV energy, increasing bacteria’s exposure to UV rays.
It will treat homes up to 4,000 sq.ft., and rapidly purifies the air and removes odors within the home.
Some of the features are:
- It protects your family from airborne germs
- Helps reduce odors
- Alleviate allergies and flue symptoms
- Helps control asthma
- The Cobalt Catalyst destroys VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
The best system we offer is the Lennox Healthy Climate PureAir
It cleans the air in the home better than any other single system. It is a more efficient filter cabinet that replaces your current one.
It attacks all three classes of contaminants, providing a healthier home environment:
Here is a summary of the features:
- It exceeds hospital intensive care operating room requirements
- It removes smoke particles, and infections bacteria including airborne viruses such as MERSA, flue and cold viruses down to 0.01 micron
- Produces no ozone, which is a known lung irritant
- Destroys household odors and chemical vapors
- Made by Lennox, quality you can trust
- Uses the #1 rated MERV 16 Carbon Clean media filter
No matter which system you choose, GLT can help you clean the air in your home.BACK TO RESOURCES