We understand that there’s no such thing as non-urgent furnace repair.
When your furnace stops working, it becomes a big priority to get it functional again. Our service technicians have the expertise to get the job done quickly and properly.
From simple part replacements to more in-depth repairs, we can handle it all so you can get back to enjoying your time inside.
How do I know my furnace needs repair?
Furnaces often operate unnoticed in the background of your home, so it is sometimes difficult to tell when something is broken and needs to be fixed. Here are some signs that indicate you should call a service professional:
- Unusual Furnace smells
- A strong smell when you first install a new furnace is normal, but if your furnace starts to give off a bad smell during its regular cycles it might be time to call a professional. Check the FAQ at the bottom of the page for more information.
- System struggles to keep desired temperature
- If your furnace has been able to properly heat your home in the past, but is starting to have problems, it is a good indicator that service is required.
- Short Furnace Cycles
- Normal furnace cycles clock in around 15-20 minutes (or longer). When it cycles on and off every couple of minutes, it is a sign that something isn’t operating correctly.
- Strange Noises
- It is normal to hear a quiet whirring sound during normal operation, but if you start to hear banging, rattling, or other abnormal noises that don’t go away, it’s time to have someone look at your heating unit.
- Water Leak
- If you see a puddle of water forming by your furnace, it usually indicates an issue with the condensation drain or line in your heating system. These can lead to more serious issues down the road and should be addressed before they become a major problem. What to do if your furnace is leaking?
Emergency Furnace Repair
There are few things worse than having your furnace break down in the middle of the night during one of Manitoba’s fierce winters. When that happens, you need to know that your repairs are as much of a priority for the company you call as they
are for your family.
That’s why we have team members just a call away, 24 hours a day. When you need your heat back on fast, we’ve got you covered.Learn More
Older Model? No Problem
Older furnace models and brands can require service or repair more frequently to keep them operating well. Our team of experienced technicians are equipped to service any make or model of furnace, and have the experience to make sure it’s done right the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a service professional coming to my home, what should I do to prepare?
Our staff are friendly and professional, and are able to work in any environment. However, to keep things efficient there are a few things you can do before we arrive:
- Ensure there is nothing obstructing the path to your furnace or utility room
- Put pets in carriers or a separate room until the repairs are complete
- Make sure the light in your furnace/utility room is functional
My furnace is giving off smells, should I be concerned?
It is normal for your furnace to give off a burning smell when first turned on for the season. However, it is best to call a professional immediately if the smell persists or you smell any of the following odours:
- rotten eggs
- metallic smell
- burning plastic
- chemical smells
If you notice any of these smells in your home, you should contact us right away.
Check out our Resources page.