Extend your furnace’s lifespan and save money doing it
Having your furnace serviced regularly is an easy decision for any homeowner interested in saving money. Not only will it help catch and prevent serious issues before they occur, but it also keeps your heating system operating efficiently and extends its lifespan.
Need Furnace Service?
Are there signs my furnace needs service?
While we always recommend a regular preventative maintenance schedule to help keep your furnace in tip top shape, sometimes that isn’t an option. There are some signals to keep an eye out for that indicate that it’s time to call someone to service your heating system:
- Higher than normal energy bills
- If you notice your energy bills are higher than they should be, it can be an indication that your furnace is working harder to heat your home. Don’t pay more than you need to, call a professional to take a look.
- Excess dust in your home
- A properly working heating system helps reduce the amount of dust and allergens in the home. If you have allergies or your indoor air quality is a concern for you, we also have a variety of solutions available to purify your air (link to air filtration information)
- Noisy operation or strange noises from the furnace
- Without regular servicing, the normally quiet operation of your unit can become loud and disrupting. Don’t wait until it is waking you up in the middle of the night to give us a call.
- Temperature Inconsistency
- If you notice that your furnace is having difficulties keeping up with the thermostat, it is a good sign that it is ready for some maintenance.
Annual Furnace Maintenace Made Easy
If you are worried that regular maintenance is going to add another thing to your list of to-dos, let us handle the headache for you.
With our Advantage Plus program, not only will you save 15% on all repairs and service, but we will handle the scheduling of your maintenance as well. Go ahead, forget about your furnace.
Safety for your family
Your heating system has many systems in place to ensure that it operates safely and to prevent a catastrophic failure. As your furnace ages, it is important that these safety controls are inspected to ensure they are functioning properly. Regular maintenance gives our technicians a chance to clean and inspect these safety features to ensure they are operating as intended.
Your safety is our priority. If you have any concerns about your furnace or heating system, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Get the most out of your furnace warranty
While most furnaces come with some sort of warranty, which can last between 5-10 years for some models or parts, nobody wants to have to take advantage of it. Because many brands require proof of regular maintenance in order to provide reimbursement for a warranty claim, it’s important that you properly maintain your unit.
What does furnace maintenance include?
When performing service on your heating unit, our technicians are very thorough. We make sure that everything is operating as it should be, including doing the following:
- Test run system
- Inspect primary heat exchanger
- Inspect secondary heat exchanger
- Inspect the evaporator
- Remove and clean the burners
- Remove and clean the pilot burner
- Clean the flame sensor
- Remove and clean the blower
- Oil motor, if required
- Inspect venting system
- Inspect liner, if applicable
- Inspect the condition of the filter
- Check gas pressure
- Check blower motor & draw
- Check vent motor & draw
- Check temperature rise
- Test thermostat operation
- Run through heating cycle
- Test the limit control
- Test the pressure switch
- Monitor flue draft, if applicable
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does furnace maintenance take?
Furnace maintenance generally take between an hour or two to perform. This can be affected by furnace age and how regularly your furnace gets serviced.
If you want to minimize the amount of time that the service call takes, having a well-lit and organized furnace room can help speed things along.
How often should I do maintenance on my furnace?
We recommend doing maintenance on your furnace once per year, prior to being used, to ensure that your furnace is ready to meet the needs of your family.
With our Advantage Plus program, we will handle the scheduling of your maintenance so that you won’t have to remember. As an added bonus, you’ll also save 15% off repairs and maintenance.
What is needed to preserve my manufacturer’s warranty?
It is common that regular service by a licensed professional is required. However, every warranty is different, and requirements from one may not be present on another. We recommend reading your furnace’s manual or contacting the provider of your furnace directly for more information.